YEALT!! How do I get rid of this?

bozark 10:47 04 May 2017

My workhorse laptop is not great but it is beautiful. An 8 yr old Advent, it has never stumbled, it still hasn't, but I cannot get rid of Yealt adware. I remove it, even using so called aggressive uninstallers, but it keeps coming back. It keeps showing on uninstaller software but doesn't show on file. Bitdefender seems to ignore it and when I turn around, there it is again, in the uninstaller list and attaching itself to Chrome. Help!

lotvic 11:16 04 May 2017

Follow the steps on malwaretips.com click here use the free version of the programs, don't buy anything. (and don't click on any adverts)

Complete all the steps including STEP 5: Reset Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome settings to remove Yealt Ads so that all history in Browsers gets cleared.

Jollyjohn 12:19 04 May 2017

Also turn off System Restore - this will remove all restore points - sometimes these malware apps hide in system restore and bring themselves back from there.

Once PC is clean turn system restore back on and create a restore point.

MJS WARLORD 17:42 05 May 2017

hi bozark a tip for you i use antimalware bytes free version and when you first run it you get extras that you will eventually have the option to pay for or just carry on running free version with those bits greyed out.

A tip on using this program.... if you explore items that the program finds you will see that each infection can be made up of several segments. The important thing to note is not all infections or individual segments will get found and deleted in one pass so you must do repeat scans until it finds nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros