Yahoo web based emial for PayPal ?

Giggle n' Bits 22:52 22 Oct 2004

PayPal suggest I sign up to Yahoo to use as an email aco*!@: instead of my own Wanadoo mail address.

Problem they say that a lot of internet browsers do not support HyperText Links. ER I use Microsoft Ie6 & Outlook Express 6

So as above Paypal suggest for my finalising and using Paypal account to finish the confirmation process I use Yahoo or Hotmail.

So question is, Do you have to download any software for Yahoo or Hotmail to have a email account with them & how safe is Yahoo Or Hotmail to having and using my own Pop 3 address.

Would be interested if anyone else has the same problem as its stopping me from getting started Ebay.co.uk

Also strange thing is they can however send me by mail customer support survey's for me to click on to link to filling in there forms. Good Eh!

Hamish 09:51 23 Oct 2004

I would be contacting PayPal's Customer Service or call on 08707 307 191 before making any changes

Giggle n' Bits 13:20 23 Oct 2004

I have called paypal and they ask me to signup to a web based email service like Yahoo mail or Hotmail.

Seems pointless having my own personal email address if they carn't be used.

Valvegrid 14:09 23 Oct 2004

I use both Hotmail and yahoo and they are as safe as any other email server. You don't have to download any software at all for either, both can be accessed on their respective web sites.

Hotmail are changing the way they operate, in the near future you won't be able to access Hotmail via OE6 or any other email client, only on their web site.

Yahoo, strangely enough, have changed their stance, you now can access a yahoo free account using OE6 on POP3, I use Ximian Evolution email client and it works well, so no reason why it shouldn't work if you want to use OE6. So if PayPal insist, yahoo might be your best option if you want to access your email on OE6.

I'm not entirely sure what they mean by saying "a lot of Internet browsers do not support Hypertext Links" I've never had a problem opening Hypertext links, if I can't open them, I cut and paste them into the address bar in my browser anyway.

Giggle n' Bits 14:38 23 Oct 2004

Nail on the head and thanks, I now feel more safer with it and will Yahoo it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?