Yahoo security screen

newface 16:19 08 Jun 2009

Some months ago when i tried to logon to the Yahoo e-mail service a window apperaed asking me to select two questions and answers that would be used in the future if I had a problem logging in. I followed the instructions and thought that would be that.
Now nearly every time I try to logon to the e-mail I get the same screen warning me of the dire consequences of not doing what I have already done.
How can I avoid this in future?

Sea Urchin 18:24 08 Jun 2009

You should only need to select questions and answers when you are setting up the Yahoo account. I would be suspicious of any pop up windows (could be phishing) that appeared as I was using the account.

If it had happened to me I would set up a new account and password - a bit of a nuisance but might be safer in the long run.

mooly 19:19 08 Jun 2009

The only time I get asked for password and name on Yahoo is if I run CCleaner and delete cookies and password data etc. Just done it this very minute as chance would have it.
There is however a check box to tick that asks if you want to be remembered for two weeks, when it will ask again.

Sea Urchin 19:25 08 Jun 2009

It's not the identity/password newface is being asked for - it's asking to set up new security questions while using the Yahoo service.

mooly 19:28 08 Jun 2009

Gotcha ! never been asked for anything like that.

johnnyrocker 20:03 08 Jun 2009

did you click on save/continue?

johnny

newface 17:12 18 Jun 2009

Thanks for all the postings everyone, but I think that mooly has hit the nail on the head as I also use CCleaner, and the problems seems to occur just after I have run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone