Yahoo outgoing name

fifty-and-some 18:52 15 Sep 2014

Yahoo mail gives my address as me([email protected]). I don’t want me, I want my name.

One advice is to go to the options tab, I don’t have one. Or cog > General Setting. Not got general settings Or cog > Settings > Accounts >Edit Account Name. No Edit button.

It is set up to operate with Thunderbird, which is set to give my outgoing name. All works well, except for the me([email protected]). This alongside Thunderbird handling mail for my domain.

I have asked the question in Yahoo Answers, over a day and no answers forthcoming.

Any advise please or do I give up with Yahoo and start over again. If so which mail suppler that does not change if I change internet supplier?

I have retired and don’t need the expense of keeping a domain.

Thank you

lotvic 21:53 15 Sep 2014

Now that's interesting because using Thunderbird my gmail account uses me([email protected])

I keep meaning to investigate why... I think it must be a setting in Thunderbird. Will post further if I manage to sort mine out.

lotvic 22:11 15 Sep 2014

Well I'm stumped, I can't get my gmail to change to the name I gave it. It is the only one of my email addys that doesn't use the name I gave it. Stubbornly insists on using me([email protected])

I checked all the account settings in Thunderbird and can't see that I've done anything different in that account to the way the others are set up.

lotvic 22:39 15 Sep 2014

I haven't found the answer yet, but have found a thread on another forum ClickHere about the 'me' so it's not just us. I haven't read all of it yet but that is certainly on the right track to explain it. It's to do with Thunderbird.

lotvic 22:49 15 Sep 2014

aha, seems you have to have yourself in the Address book to get rid of the 'me' tag... I'm still studying the thread I linked to.

lotvic 23:28 15 Sep 2014

well it's just making me bad tempered now... grr - tried it all ways and when emails come in still can't get it to call me by either my Display Name or my nickname, just for that one account (gmail)

fifty-and-some 11:35 16 Sep 2014

Glad it's not just me.

Of note Yahoo was using me before connecting to Thunderbird, I thought the outgoing name in Thunderbird would solve the issue.

But no.

lotvic 12:35 16 Sep 2014

Still scratching my 'ead over this. Still stumped so far. Will post if I have any success in finding solution or reason for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017