Yahoo mail in thunderbird???

flaz1984 22:44 26 Jan 2005

Hi, i have just installed mozilla Thunderbird and was wanting to know if its possible to set it up so it recieves emails from my yahoo or hotmail account?

I have tried this myself but got stuck when you need to enter the the incoming server and outgoing server, any ideas?

Has anyone done what im trying to do, if so can you let me know what the settings are?

Thanks

LastChip 23:37 26 Jan 2005

can only be done if you have the enhanced (paid) version. It is set-up from within Hotmail itself. Click on help in Hotmail to see the process.

JayDay 04:05 27 Jan 2005

Not entirely true. If you have a .co.uk Yahoo email address then it can be set up in Thunderbird. It is only the .com version that requires you to upgrade to the paid version.

Flaz1984 let us know if you have a .co.uk or .com Yahoo account.

JayDay 04:06 27 Jan 2005

Sorry LastChip. I have just reread your post and you were talking about Hotmail my apologies.

JayDay 11:29 27 Jan 2005

To get your Yahoo mail go to Mail Options in Yahoo. Select POP Access & Forwarding. Click on the Web & POP Access button. Hust to the right of that button you will find a link detailing server setting etc.

Clint2 12:13 27 Jan 2005

I use Mozilla thunderbird e-mail client. My ISP is NTL. I also have a Yahoo mail account.

The incoming server for Yahoo is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

The outgoing server is
smtp.ntlworld.com

flaz1984 20:17 27 Jan 2005

hi

I have a .co.uk email address, will try the suggestions you guys have made.

Will post back if i come across any problems

Thanks

flaz1984 20:28 27 Jan 2005

Thanks guys

Just managed to set up the account and now its downloading my mail as i type this message.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?