Yahoo Groups -Fregle- its a mystery

SparkyJack 16:23 13 Feb 2011

To those of you who are not familiar- there is a Yahoo group called Freecycle- sites/groups in many towns where members offer unwanted items too good to throw away and others seek similar bits.
Fregle is a 'breakaway' group- but still in the Yahoo group setup.
This morning at about noon I posted a list of items for disposal to my local 'Fregle'.

The system is that any posting goes first to the local moderator for approval before posting on to the group in general- this can take from a few hours to days - depending I guess on what else goes in the 'mod's' life.

By two o clock I had three responses for some of the items- that is quick - but that general list has yet to appear in my 'In Box'
So How did the other folk get the list so quickly?
One was sent via iPhone - but all were via Yahoo.

lotvic 16:37 13 Feb 2011

Probably because you are set for receiving a 'Daily Digest' (list of items from past 24 hours) and others are set for the immediate email notification of single items as they are posted.

Did you have a look at the online 'Fregle' group? They will be listed on there well before the 'Daily Digest' is sent out.

SparkyJack 16:42 13 Feb 2011

You are right _ forgot that I am indeed a daily digest receiver.
So there you are - must be me age- or because I have been on my knees these last 2 days varnishing the lounge floor.

BT 16:43 13 Feb 2011

Don't know where you are but I had an email from my local Freegle group saying that they were splitting from Yahoo Groups.

SparkyJack 20:15 13 Feb 2011

Fregle is a breakaway from the regular Freecyle
political [ small p ]reasons think.
But they still operate under the Yahoo Groups 'umbrella /shell'

hastelloy 11:01 14 Feb 2011

Freecycle is US based - Freegle, as said is a UK breakaway. In my area there is also a Recycle - another breakaway group. Most people who joined Freecycle before the split were transferred to Freegle and/or Realcycle without being asked. I am therefore am member of all 3. Most items on 1 seem to be on at least 1 of the others as well, although Freecycle seems to be dwindling in my area.

hastelloy 11:01 14 Feb 2011

For Recycle read Realcycle!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?