Yahoo email problem with Outlook

splinternet 23:01 29 Jul 2010

My wife has a Yahoo email account and uses the web interface. She opened an email which contained a reply-to facility and when she clicked this, it opened up Outlook (2007) on her laptop, which immediately started downloading (moving, not copying) all her Inbox from the Yahoo server. (I had set Outlook up for her a couple of years ago but she didn't like it and has always preferred to use the Yahoo web interface). I would like to put these emails back to her Inbox on the Yahoo server but cannot see how. OK - that's not strictly true, because I can individually open each email in her Outlook Inbox and select Action...Resend, but two problems here: first, when it reaches the Yahoo Inbox, it shows showing the current timestamp, not the original; secondly, there are 1500 emails she wants returned, so it would take ages. I have a Hotmail a/c and use Outlook 2007 on my laptop; here, I notice that in addition to local Personal Folders on the laptop (Inbox, Sent, etc...) Outlook also has folder definitions (Inbox, Sent, etc...) which are a real-time mirror image of these folders on the Hotmail server, so if I wanted to put something back on the server I just drag 'n' drop. Can I set up the same for Yahoo email folders?

Woolwell 23:33 29 Jul 2010

Outlook has now downloaded all of the e-mails from the server (which it is designed to do unless the box leave messages on the server is ticked). I don't use Yahoo but I suspect that there isn't an easy way out of this now but hope to be corrected. The problem that your wife encountered is that the pc opened the default e-mail program (Outlook) when she hit reply to via a link instead of the reply to button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone