Yahoo constantly disconnects then re-connects.

Jimmy14 16:10 11 Feb 2007

Over the past few weeks my Yahoo messenger keeps disconnecting then re-connecting. I have noticed that this is between the hours of 5pm and 11pm but this has been like this today at 3pm. My NETGEAR DG834G Router has the latest firmware and my laptops wireless Intel adapter has the latest driver. I have tried ethernet to make sure it wasn't a wireless problem but it still happens at these times. I am using Windows Live Onecare on this specific machine with Windows Vista Home Premium. Could it be the windows live onecare firewall or do I have to set up a firewall rule maybe? I am really fed up with this. It is also the latest 8.1 version of Yahoo Messenger.

Gongoozler 17:27 11 Feb 2007

Hi Jimmy14, I would have thought that if your router is allowing normal traffic then your Yahoo Messenger would be handled the same way. You can safely turn off your Windows firewall to see if that helps, the router has it's own firewall.

Les T 18:54 11 Feb 2007

I have exactly the same problem as you describe. I have XP SP2 with Windows firewall, AVG free anti virus and anti spyware. My router is a BT Voyager 205.

p;3 20:55 11 Feb 2007

bookmarked

Jimmy14 17:41 12 Feb 2007

Anyone? I have emailed Netgear and Tiscali for help but when I phoned Tiscali a few weeks ago they told me to contact Yahoo. I have had Tiscali nearly 2 years and it never used to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone