Yahoo Attachments

K*B 15:33 18 Apr 2008

Hello friends, my office pc (Win XP Pro) is on an enterprise network. My problem is that I find it very difficult (next to impossible) to attach documents (even text) to my yahoo mails. I wonder if others have the same problem with their yahoo mail accounts. Please help. Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 16:22 18 Apr 2008

What is it that you find difficult? For me it seems to take quite some time for Yahoo to scan, accept and upload documents when I want to send them as email attachemnts.

Sea Urchin 16:25 18 Apr 2008

No problem here - what happens when you click Attach Files? I'm not familiar with an enterprise network - is it possible it restricts access to the documents you want to attach?

K*B 07:01 23 Apr 2008

Sorry friends for long silence.
Thanks, Diodorus Siculus. It appears my problem with yahoo attachments is exactly the same as yours. Do you have any suggestions on a solution?
Sea Urchin, our enterprise network is a government WAN that covers an entire country. However, the files I attach to my yahoo mails reside on my pc and when I navigate to them and click "Attach Files", the progress indicator goes on forever and the progress message "Attaching Files" stays forever. I have had success in attaching a file to my yahoo mail once only. I look forward to your response. Thanks to both of you.

Sea Urchin 15:22 24 Apr 2008

Quite often problems like this with attachments are down to the size of the attachment - maximum for Yahoo is 10Megabytes. Are you using IE to access your account? If so it's worth trying Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > click Reset. You may lose some settings which you can restore later, but it might do the trick. And try using a different browser - Firefox for example - do you still have the same problem.

I still wonder about the enterprise network. As you say the files you wish to attach are local to your PC but you are attempting to attach them to a message which is on the Yahoo website - might there be some sort of filter on the network that is interfering? Might be an obvious point - but do you have other PCs in the office that can upload attachments?

K*B 15:42 25 Apr 2008

"A business organization. In the computer industry, the term is often used to describe any large organization that utilizes computers. An intranet, for example, is a good example of an enterprise computing system."

Thanks again, Sea Urchin. Please find above the webopedia definition of an enterprise. You may visit webopedia at click here.

In fact my pc is on a government enterprise network and I'm not allowed to replace the browser. However, I spoke to a colleague in my department who confirmed that in fact attaching files to his yahoo mails has always been a nightmare and that he has resorted to gmail for his emails with attachments and he's happy. Thanks a million for your assisitance.

Sea Urchin 15:57 25 Apr 2008

That was going to be my next thought - try a different email client - so hopefully you'll be able to do that as your colleague has done.

Hope it works

K*B 16:51 28 Apr 2008

I'm already on gmail. Thanks a million!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone