xxclone oppinions please

acein1 11:08 17 Apr 2007

anyone using this program ,i would appriciate their views many thanks

pj123 13:16 17 Apr 2007

Yes, but I only use it to clone my C: drive (O/S and all programs) to another hard disk. Not had any problems with it so far.

Because my C: drive doesn't change very much I only clone it about every 3 months. If you continuously add/remove programs then you would need to use it more often.

All my files/docs/pics etc are saved on to another separate hard drive and are normally just copied (using drag and drop) to yet another hard disk.

I have two physical hard drives in my PC. C: is 40gb and only has the O/S and all my programs.

D: is 160gb partitioned 80/80 which is used for saving all my personal files. I also have two other hard disks, 1 of 40gb (to clone my C: drive) and 1 of 250gb partitioned 125/125 to copy all my personal stuff to, which is done every week.

I use this very nice piece of equipment, which allows me to connect anything IDE to my PC via a USB port. I don’t need to buy dedicated External Hard Drives.

click here

Third one down. Easy USB to IDE Adapter

acein1 18:42 17 Apr 2007

pj123, thanks,i think "cloning" c drive is about all anyone would need to do ,as like you said you, os, programs ,and everything else required would be on the "c" drive, cheers

acein1 18:43 17 Apr 2007

pj123, thanks,i think "cloning" c drive is about all anyone would need to do ,as like you said you, os, programs ,and everything else required would be on the "c" drive, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?