xvid to disc

seancblack 22:16 22 Apr 2004

guys (and gals)
I have recently converted some video to XVID Codec, and was wondering how I would noe put this onto a CD so my DVD (divx) player in the lounge would recognise it without skipping in stages of 10 seconds.

seancblack 22:46 22 Apr 2004

bump, come on guys really need to sort this.

stalion 22:51 22 Apr 2004

going to burn divx format?.Regards

seancblack 22:58 22 Apr 2004

not quite sure what u mean by this, A friend of mine gave me an xvid of Finding nemo which had 1h 40m of video on a single CD, and that plays no problem at all. I have since downloaded the xvid codec (keopi's) and taken digital video off my camcorder and converted that to xvid. the only problem I have is if I burn it (using nero) as a data disc, it seems to skip 10 seconds at a time, if I try to make a video disc, nero tries to convert it to SVCD and tells me there is not enough space on the disc.

stalion 23:03 22 Apr 2004

is the only format you can put on a cd,svcd is the best quality.Most movies are avi or mpeg if yours is a different format like divx Nero will probably not burn it.Also can your DVD player play svcd not all can.Regards

seancblack 23:10 22 Apr 2004

Stalion, i do not want to contradict what you are telling me as I appreciate you are trying to help.
SVCD (mpeg2) was my preffered choice before discovering xvid, now I can convert files to xvid format (only half the space of mpeg2) and keep a hell of a lot more quality by doing so. I deliberately went out and bought the Yamada dvx6100 because it is a divx/ xvid player (avi files) the only problem I cannot overcome is how to put these avi files onto a CD myself.

stalion 23:17 22 Apr 2004

I take note of what you are saying,but as I have already explained Nero will probably only burn to svcd or vcd.Regards

rogertjj 08:38 23 Apr 2004

click here or click here may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?