XPWelcome screen - showing inaccurate information?

TammyCat 11:30 25 Feb 2004

We have 3 multiple users.
This morning I have after much fiddling about set up a multiple use on my email account Outlook Express.
Whilst trying to sort this out I did add an account and then deleted it so not sure if this has caused my query.
Under my name on the Welcome screen it states I have 1 unread mail message - when I definitely dont.
Rang FS helpline - which was not very helpful at all. Said it wasnt important and not to worry.
But - it is niggling me and I want to get rid of the msg.
Any ideas?
I have checked all folders in mine and my daughter OE and clicked 'Send and Receive' but to no avail.

Rennaissance 11:37 25 Feb 2004

do you have the other outlook express installed as well? The one that comes with office xp, it might be that, which has the email. Or possibly MSN messenger.

anon1 11:39 25 Feb 2004

log on to freeserve webmail and make sure there is nothing in the mailbox on the server.

powerless 18:37 25 Feb 2004

"But - it is niggling me and I want to get rid of the msg"

The logon screen cannot connect to your mail server, only OE can. If there is no message in your inbox then you have no mail in OE on on the mail server.

Overview | click here

To remove the message [easier] | click here download "tweakUI", install, open, Logon, Unread email.

powerless 00:47 28 Feb 2004

Got yerr email, but umm deleted it, oops :-(

If you do not want to enter the registry then use tweakUI.

Installing the app is just the same as any other. It does have more settings to change various settings.

When you install TweakUI, open up the app, click the + next to Logon and then click Unread Email. Now click the box next to "Show unread email..."

Click OK and email message on the welocme screen will be gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie