XP- ZONE ALARM problem

michiyo 02:13 09 Nov 2007

I have downloaded ZA onto my XP computer,the result is it keeps turning on and off continuously.
I've found a similar thread on the forum dated last August 16. Could someone explain to me in simple language how i can solve this problem.

birdface 07:05 09 Nov 2007

You might be better deleting it and downloading Comodo Firewall,There seems to be a few problems with ZA at the moment.

superhoops 07:19 09 Nov 2007

Agreed. I have had problems with ZA. For me it was blocking access to a whole load of sites, despite checking all the settings. Ended up uninstalling it haveing used it for years.

michiyo 09:36 09 Nov 2007

buteman, thanks for your reply. i am unable to delete ZA because it boot-up long enough for me to delete it.

michiyo 09:39 09 Nov 2007

Superhoops, thanks for your reply I am unable to uninstall for the reason I've given buteman. do you have any other ideas?

Marko797 10:13 09 Nov 2007

with Buteman & superhoops. Recent probs with ZA Pro led me to remove and install Comodo.

Michyo, u should b able to delete from Ctrl Panel/add/remove progs. Then run CCleaner, and run Registry issues to clear out any remnants of ZA.

birdface 10:23 09 Nov 2007

If Z/Alarm is running on quick start,You may have to click on the Icon and stop it running before you can delete it.

michiyo 11:01 09 Nov 2007

Thanks to all of you who have replied.
My problem is the pc doesn't stay booted long enough for me do anything as you have suggested.
It stays on for a very short while then shuts off and restarts so on and so on. I can only turn off by pulling the plug.I'm getting desperate.

birdface 11:07 09 Nov 2007

Will it start in safe mode,just keep tapping F8 button as the computer starts.if it starts ok on there just delete Z/Alarm and see if it makes any difference.

birdface 11:15 09 Nov 2007

Check the back of your computer and make sure the air vents are not clogged up with dust or fluff ,if so the inside of the computer may need cleaned out as well.It will lead to overheating.

michiyo 11:16 09 Nov 2007

buteman I will try that, it will be later in the day. I will get back to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?