XP wont load

RedYelBlu 08:00 02 Oct 2008

Im having problems loading XP on my PC. I get the XP icon and the loading bar. Then it goes to a screen that says sorry for the inconveniance etc. and gives me the option to start in safe mode, last know configeration or normal etc. If I try any of these it still doesnt load XP. Any ideas please? Its been suggested an XP repair or an hard drive fault.

xania 08:33 02 Oct 2008

Consistency would tend to deny a hard drive fault, so I would favour a damaged install file. Having failed to get either Safe or last known to work, you will need to run a repair.

click here or

click here

birdface 09:45 02 Oct 2008

Try safe mode as the computer starts [just keep tapping F8]See if you can run a last good confiuration.

RedYelBlu 10:30 02 Oct 2008

Thanks, I didnt know about the tapping the F8. Will try it now.

MuDelta 14:44 04 Oct 2008

Have you just installed a new program? If so, try to uninstall it from safe mode. If you can get into safe mode!

RedYelBlu 18:51 04 Oct 2008

Thanks for the suggestions, but safe mode and repair have not worked.
Im going to load XP onto another HDD and try to remove the bookmarks and my documents etc. by cut and paste between 2 HDD's. I have a master and Slave installed.

pj1664 21:12 04 Oct 2008

I have similar problem, have alook in your BIOS does it detect the hdd and also the boot sequence does it detect the hdd there because I have tried another good drive and found the problem to still exist. It wont load windows it just hangs with a blank screen after the windows xp screen. and nothing happends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?