Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
Windows XP won't boot up properly on my laptop rather it just keeps freezing at different points on the screen where it just says "Windows XP" with a bar along the bottom indicating that it is loading. The problem started when the computer restarted itself randomly.
I can start the computer in safemode and have tried defragmenting the hard-disc, virus scan, system restore and removing all peripherals but none of this has worked.
Can anyone help?
have you tried last known good configuration?
you will find it in the list where you load into safemode...... it might be the registry that is stopping you booting into windows ,so give it a try .....
Boot to safemode
OPTION 1 - Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.
sfc /scannow problems
OPTION 2 - Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
Instead of Defrage, Try check disc in Safe Mode
Daxian, I have tried last known good config. but had no luck. I'm off to try the other options now.
Thanks a lot for the help - hope it works!
Given check disc a go - no luck.
Also tried to give sfc /scannow a try but the RPC server is unavailable and has already been started. How can I solve this problem?
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.