XP and Wallpapers!!!!

TonyV 20:26 25 Apr 2005

I have just put some photos into my machine and have found they are all in the Wallpaper system and cannot be removed.

I have had a look at the previous answers regarding this very silly and fundamental problem that seems to have manifested itself in XP. (I previously had WIN98SE which was easy to remove the wallpaper count!)

With out butchering the Registry, is there any other way of getting rid of the mountain of "Wallpapers" with out actually removing the pictures from the machine?

If I create another folder called say "Our Photos" and transfer all the photos that I have put in to the machine, will this take them off the Wallpaper count? At the moment they are in a sub-folder with in "My Pictures".

Many thanks

TonyV

Curio 20:30 25 Apr 2005

I think you have answered your ownquestion. Transfer to new folder and delete from My Pictures

TonyV 20:35 25 Apr 2005

Thanks. Yes, I have just done the creation of a new folder and it has taken the pictures away from the Wallpaper count.

It just seems extremely strange and far away from being logical when there is a place for Wallpaper to be kept, "Windows/Web/Wallpaper" yet will still pick up every other picture if you happen to put it in to the My Pictures folder!

BG strike again!

Thanks

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?