XP to Vista help please

Bike-it 21:42 18 Jan 2009

I am shortly going to transfer all my documents photos, browsers, Picasa 3 and Netgear setting from my old XP machine to a new Laptop running Vista, i bought a Tornado File Transfer Micro computer item but will it transfer Google chrome and all my favourite sites over to the new laptop and Picasa 3 with my current settings?

woodchip 21:56 18 Jan 2009

You would be best doing this after Networking the two Computers using the Router, And Transfer Setting Wizard in Windows

Bike-it 22:02 18 Jan 2009

The Tornado file transfer cable connects the two computers, allowing you to see all the files on both computers you then cut files from the old computer and paste them onto the new computer, but will it let me transfer Google chrome and my current favourite web sites, and Picasa 3 and my current settings, also my Netgear router settings.

MAJ 22:15 18 Jan 2009

I don't use Chrome or Picasa, so I can't answer that part, but you should be able to save your router settings from within the router's configuration page. Usually they are saved as a CFG file. Having said that, your router settings wont change, they're stored in the router, not the PC.

Bike-it 22:17 18 Jan 2009

Thanks MAJ,
now just waiting on an answer for the other two questions.

MAJ 22:37 18 Jan 2009

Google Chrome. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone