XP - "View as Slide show"

collinsc 17:12 25 Sep 2008

OK - Should be the last one...!

We are going to a file with pictures and selecting "View as slide show", but once clicked, it does absolutely nothing!

Why might this be?

I think maybe he has it set up to open his pictures in a different programme to Windows Viewer - perhaps this is the reason?

Thanks

tullie 17:25 25 Sep 2008

Try clicking on first photo to highlight it,then click View as slideshow.Am assuming that you are opening the file with photos in first?

collinsc 17:39 25 Sep 2008

Hi - thanks for your response.

Yes, the file has photos in it... Not there to try it at moment, but id be surprised if that worked..

eedcam 18:21 25 Sep 2008

Try right click on the first pic then >preview then use start slideshow icon at the bottom of the scren

collinsc 18:34 25 Sep 2008

Thanks - ill advise and see if this works.

collinsc 18:34 25 Sep 2008

Thanks - ill advise and see if this works.

collinsc 18:36 25 Sep 2008

ahh, i dont think that will work because... i think he has set it up so the picture opens automatically in a different programme to Windows Viewer (or whatever it is called). would you agree??

eedcam 18:46 25 Sep 2008

Possibly some of mine will open in photoshop but would have thought that would only apply to his PC that .Don.t thinkfile asociations are transferable.Worth a try back to basics is right click and >open with then> choose programme then choose the one you want toopen with and tick always open this type with

collinsc 18:49 25 Sep 2008

ok thanks. ill tell him to try the preview route.. then get him to change default app

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?