Xp user accounts muddle

trigger2 11:53 24 Jan 2005

I hope this isn't too confusing, I have a new PC running XP (home), It seems to have ended up with two accounts, account ‘A’ is an administrator account which I can logon & off to but in Win explorer has the basic files & folders only, no user data & doc’s.
And account ‘B’ which does not appear in the accounts logon/off window,but is listed in explorer with all the data files & folders in it. (I assume it must have been created, had files placed in it and then been deleted as a logon account).
How can I restore/create account B’s logon/off account again? Explorer won’t let me rename/delete folder, it says it is the “system default folder & cannot be changed or deleted”, If I create a new account called ‘B’ it just makes a new user folder in explorer called ‘B(2)” Neither of the accounts have apparently been set up using a password. I want to end up with one account that has all the files & data that I can log on/off to, at present I have to logon to ‘A’ but with everything stored in ‘B’.
Help please!

2neat 12:34 24 Jan 2005

use system restore. This should roll it back to a time when everything was ok.

gedr 13:28 24 Jan 2005

I think using system restore is the best bet, providing there was a time when there was only one account, that's the date to roll back to.

gedr

trigger2 13:30 24 Jan 2005

Unfortunately quite a few programs and have been loaded on & set up since, and i don't want to loose them or have to reload them all on again if i can avoid it.

wotbus@ 13:46 24 Jan 2005

Have you tried XP's own assistance under Start > Help and Support > search Accounts? Loads of gen there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?