XP Update problem - try these links...

Embezzler 23:25 24 Apr 2003

Try this link click here for the Outlook Express cumulative patch

Try this link click here for the April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (813489)

After installing check on update to see if it was successful... it was for me.

penny 03:39 25 Apr 2003

Thanx Bud

Andsome 09:08 25 Apr 2003

I am puzzled. I use XP Home, and have downloaded every critical update, but these are not listed in ADD/REMOVE Programs. Where did you hear about these? I have searched on Microsoft site and found them, so I have downloaded them. But why is their release not generally known about.

Embezzler 12:02 25 Apr 2003

They were released on the update page but many people could not download them. I keep up-to-date with the patches via Bink's site click here

Goldcroft 12:41 25 Apr 2003

Am just downloading the OE update and this is the first one I have seen "advertised". They don't seem to be in the usual microsoft downloads, which are all windows.

I was reminded of another question I have been meaning to add. When you download something, why does the time to download jump around so much. It can start at, say, 1 min 20 sec, then jump to 3 mins + some seconds, then down to 2 mins something, then up to 4 mins. Not of world shattering importance, just puzzled.

Andsome 14:00 25 Apr 2003

Embezzler
Thanks for the explanation and the link. It is now in Favourites

Goldcroft
I too am puzzled by this fact. I have started to download things which have a download time of say 10 minutes, only to find that when it starts it does so at say a couple of minutes, rapidly increases to about twenty, the plummets down and finishes more or less on time. I have also found that the blue progress bar suddenly accelerates or sometimes stops for a couple of minutes. As you say no big deal, but a puzzler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017