WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?
Let the son use the computer and internet recently, now have problem!!
Comp stats to boot up, does all its checks and starts to load xp. It stops to ask about a ptoblem it has and give a sew options, safe mode, dos cursor, start from last good start up, or normal boot. I have tried all these but I get as far as the Windows xp logo display and the load progress bar. The bar allways stops about two thirds done, forever!.
Is this a virus? How can I fix it. Any help appreciated
Not a virus, probably a corrupt driver.
Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
follosed what you said 100%. All looked good but the comp still stops during boot up, but now stops earlier than before??? When loading, the Windows XP screen appears, the progress bar starts but stops after only two of the blue squares appear. Mystery huh? Any other ideas appreciated All the best Art
Please do not email post your replies in the thread by using the box at the bottom of this page, everyone can then seen your progress (or not) and offer help as required.
Am really surprised that a repair of XP did not solve the problem.
once had to wait over 20 minutes for XP to reboot properly after a repair.
Thanks for onput chaps but still no go!. I cant get to safe mode so could not try that, but I thought the repair would wprk but no luck. Any more ideas! Cheers all
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.