xp stopped seeing hubs

[email protected] 15:36 24 Jan 2006

hi guys & gals....problem i have unknown device appear if i try to conect anything via my hubbs, all the tower usb's work unless it to a hub.both hubs are brand new and self powered, uninstall all hubs and re started hoping it would load tower usb drivers, which it did.........still nothing ppls help xp sp2 with belkin usb2 7 port

PC Bilbo 15:55 24 Jan 2006

This could be caused by a number of things. Try her for guidance.

click here

[email protected] 18:50 24 Jan 2006

hi pc bilbo, thanks for the reply, quick update before i check your link. ive established its not the hubs, also that all tower usb 1.1 (x4) and usb 2 (x1) all work when providing connection direct to device but not through hub, both the hubs im using are mains powered, so im now looking to the tower and i guess a voltage issue rather than conection , ill check your link now. cheers

[email protected] 21:21 24 Jan 2006

cracked it, all working......you might not believe this. i came across a huge thread ending with a sugestion of pulling the plug out / sw off at wall-followed by a 30 second button hold?
did this rebooted ......... it works.... im of to eat my hat

Totally-braindead 21:23 24 Jan 2006

Was that the thread on this site from anniesboy68?

[email protected] 12:07 26 Jan 2006

yes the suggestion was, ive been in to pcs for a few years now and concider myself quite handy - i am self tought mainly via this forum and the gods that be , totally shocked that this resolution worked as ive always thought it was a big big no no - stunned. so anniesboy68 you beauty - despite the fact i went and spent £100 on 2 new hubs. i have 4 now - all working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017