XP sp3

dfb70uk 15:13 26 Oct 2009

I have just formated my HHD and reinstalled XP, Microsoft has kindly sent SP3 to istall, which I would if I could find it, where would they hid it? Last time Ihad no trouble.
Regards
David

Clapton is God 15:25 26 Oct 2009

Why not simply go to the Windows Update site and download from there?

dfb70uk 14:18 27 Oct 2009

'cause it says it has sent

Clapton is God 16:30 27 Oct 2009

"Sent" how???

bjh 16:39 27 Oct 2009

Run Internet Explorer, choose "Tools " from the menu, then select Windows Update.

Allow any add-ons to run (you may be asked to restart), then select "Express", and then select "Install"

This will give you ALL Microsoft Critical Updates, including SP3, and they will all be automatically installed!

[It's probably easiest this way, what with the postal strike and everything, anything Microsoft might send you will be delayed! If it's lying around too long, it might get compressed in all the backlog as well! ;-) ]

dfb70uk 17:01 27 Oct 2009

I am sorry I havn't explained, I was going to try the method in this month mag to save all the updates on a file and reinstal them but fogot to switch off automatic updates and microsft started to update. If you have installed SP3 yourself wou will realise this has to done seperately by youself. You cannot get it again because they see it is ready to instal on my computer.I have e-mail them and possibly have a reply in a day or two!
Searching the computer does not show up the file. pobably looking for the wrong name
Regards
David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone