XP SP3

User-394903 14:58 23 Sep 2008

Hello all,
I have a H.P. Pavilion running Win XP Home SP3
In times gone by, I could visit a site (photoship) which, after opening the appropriate link showed photo's of old ships, some of which I downloaded and printed without any problem. Over the weekend I downloaded and installed Windows XP SP3. It is since downloading SP3 that I can no longer print photo's of ships from the photoship site withut getting the message >Windows Internet Explorer Sorry-the administrator prefers not to allow unauthorised copying of this image . It looks to me like SP3 is at the root of this problem because Outlook Express was affected too, which I have managed to restore without loss of any saved emails.
I visited the Microsoft site in an attempt to find a fix, but can't find what I am looking for. Does someone out there have an answer that will solve the message I get from Windows Internet Explorer.
Thank you for your time and suggestions.

woodchip 15:05 23 Sep 2008

Works for me using XP home on a HP510 Laptop and SP3

User-394903 19:12 23 Sep 2008

Hi woodchip,
I still have the problem with Windows Internet Explorer and message that refers to the administrator, which I think has something to do with downloading XP SP3. Can I gp back to XP SP2? If so how can I do that

john bunyan 19:48 23 Sep 2008

digijack
Do read the other threads on SP3 - should solve all your problems. You can uninstall SP3 in the usual way via Control panel,add and remove programmes then follow suggestions in other (many) threads.

User-394903 21:22 23 Sep 2008

john bunyon,
There is so much about SP3 in different strings and posts that it may take some time before I can get back to you. Thank you for your response.

woodchip 21:22 23 Sep 2008

as above add remove. You may need to tick the box to show updates

woodchip 21:24 23 Sep 2008

PS also System Restore will have made a Restore point before it loaded SP3 so you just run that to clear it all out. back to before the update

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?