XP SP3

Splodge 14:58 29 Apr 2008

Just to let the members know that XP SP3 is available for download from the ZDNET site as under.

They have tested it and found it OK.

I am halfway through downloading but intend to run all my security programs and back up before I run mine!

click here

Good Luck!

igk 15:12 29 Apr 2008

Good luck with it, on a personal note from what I have read here and other places I am not going to touch it, I don't trust M$ and would not put it past them to include some sort of terminating/count down software in it to force people to get the dreaded Vista!! as soon as support ends for XP I will be moving over to Linux full time as I do not use the pc for games..
Hint to graphics card makers and games programmers start getting your act together with Linux and you will be rewarded...

woodchip 15:19 29 Apr 2008

In the Process of Loading it on 3 Computers I downloaded it yesterday and loaded it to a CD

Stuartli 17:34 29 Apr 2008

Links to SP3 Final have been posted on several occasions already...:-)

I was using SP3 RC3 previously without any problems and it's the same with SP3 Final.

Rob_08 17:43 29 Apr 2008

SP3 final is very good. Even notice a slight performance increase in XP even on my fast pc.
I recommend it.

Splodge 18:11 29 Apr 2008

Thanks for the responses!

I have installed and it appears to work.. thats all I can say at present. I backed up first, of course, to my external drive and will be copying to a disk as soon as I leave here!

I still have all the Beta offerings even though they are useless!

igk; I understand that Microsoft may extend XP and then launch straight into Windows7 because of the tepid response to Vista. Which, by the way, I beta tested and dismissed on this forum!

Sorry to others, I have been checking Microsoft's site for this download but must have missed its' introduction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017