XP Service Pack 2 - can't download it

sarah-280539 16:49 12 Sep 2004

Hello,

I've tried to load the windows update page to download this but when it loaded the page is blank! Can anyone help.

VoG II 17:00 12 Sep 2004

click here is a possibility but check if any of the other dialogs are blank to confirm or otherwise whether this is the cause.

Stuartli 17:08 12 Sep 2004

Don't forget the new issue of PC Advisor (mine arrived yesterday morning) includes a copy of Service Pack 2 in a fancy sleeve...:-)

Saves a lot of downloading if you are on dialup.

Mister Splendid©®™! 18:25 12 Sep 2004

Otherwise you can order a disk from Microsoft.

THE TERMINATOR 20:21 12 Sep 2004

Or WindowsXP(The official magazine)....TT

jack 20:50 12 Sep 2004

Treat yourself, go on - buy a copy of P C Advisor
Its on the cover of November issue - out N O W

jack 20:50 12 Sep 2004

Treat yourself, go on - buy a copy of P C Advisor
Its on the cover of November issue - out N O W

sarah-280539 10:44 13 Sep 2004

I managed to download it but it was doing all sorts of funny things - couldn't get into outlook express, lots of blue screens of death so I've had to restore the system back to get rid of it.

gunner-joe 17:58 16 Sep 2004

Hi, I had a few problems downloading the service pack. Tell me Sarah, Do you use any firewall or anti-virus packages.I had to disable my Mcafee privacy service to download mine.If you need to download the whole thing and you are dial-up, I suggest you leave a night free when you can leave it downloading and not do anything else that may interrupt it. I was disconnected but when I logged on again I immediately clicked to download again and thanks to XP the download continued where it left off.

Good luck!!

gunner-joe 18:03 16 Sep 2004

I may annoy a few out there with differing opinions but I believe that if you have a stand alone firewall and pop-up-blocker you can disable the microsoft ones. I f anyone disagrees
I would be interested to hear.I will also post this in the forum. Cheers

sarah-280539 19:19 16 Sep 2004

I did manage to download it and installed it on my pc but had a lot of problems and ended up unistalling the service pack 2 and the pc is working fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?