xp restore on networked pcs

pookie 13:00 08 Jan 2004

hi

we have about 25 pc's linked up via network. someone has downloaded an outlook service pack which is causing them a lot of problems. this was downloaded 28 December. his xp machine has a restore point dated 23 dec. if i restore his machine to 23dec will it affect the network/server in any way. i personally don't think so. he doesn't save anything to his 'c' drive - all gets saved to network drive.

many thanks

P

spikeychris 13:20 08 Jan 2004

What conditions are there on the network? is the network using active directory? if so access the machine from the server. Have you checked add/remove progs to see if it was archived?

Is the user on a roaming profile? Don't think that SR would cause any probs if its on a roaming profile as when he reboots it would synchronise but the thought of a user using SR on a network troubles me somewhat.

spikeychris 13:25 08 Jan 2004

Was it SP1 or 2?

pookie 13:33 08 Jan 2004

hi and thanks for reply - it was outlook service pack 3 - I'm afraid I don't the above you ask (abit technical for me). i looked to see if it was listed in add/remove programs and it wasn't.

P

spikeychris 13:43 08 Jan 2004

Yeah it wont be, you cant remove SP3. Regarding SR, I've never done it as my networks all use roaming profiles and are tied down to prevent users doing such things. If you were to do it I'm sure you would have to first take it off the network, SR then re-connect.

Are your service packs not streamlined via the server?

pookie 15:04 08 Jan 2004

many thanks for help - unplugged from network as suggested and did a system restore - all ok and sp3 removed

thanks again

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?