xp repair

donatello 19:41 02 Apr 2006

Fitted new m/b which is only slightly differant to old one gone for cd repair xp not using the console option loaded all files ok then rebooted to carry on power failure then occurs on mains pc starts back up loads tothe contnuing set up screen then just continues to reboot,have started from begining again where it states its already attempted to repair do you want to try again press enter,same thing happens again just keeps rebooting and wont continue repair any thoughts.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:53 02 Apr 2006

click here;en-us;826976

SANTOS7 19:57 02 Apr 2006

click here
For Kb articles to work they have to look like the link...

donatello 19:59 02 Apr 2006

thanks fruit bat but that link doesnt work which site and which page is it I need cheers

donatello 20:07 02 Apr 2006

Have tried advice on removing the disc on restart still same thing happens boots to xp screen then message appears set up will now continue screen goes blank then pc restarts boots from hd gets to same message again then tries to continue but just keeps rebooting

Stuartli 20:08 02 Apr 2006

See:

click here

If you have installed a new motherboard you need to Repair XP as it doesn't always take to a new mobo.

I've had to do this twice in the last two-and-a-half years of using XP Pro.

You might/may also need to reinstall SP2 and any subsequent SP3 updates (those issued after SP2 in August 2004)

Stuartli 20:09 02 Apr 2006

Set the Bios to boot from CD and, before you Save and Exit, have the XP installation disk in your CD/DVD drive.

donatello 20:21 02 Apr 2006

You dont seem to understand my point bios is set to cd boot repair started ok after cd loaded files then pc needs to reboot to continue this is when power failed for some reason in house ,restarted pc booted to first xp screen green scrolling lines on then up comes message set up will now continue.After a few seconds screen goes blank hd light flashes then reboots this then keeps happening,have tried total restart from disc again repair yes then message appears upgrade has already been attempted try again yes.Reloads from begining all files from disc then reboots to continue gets to xp load screen then to set up will now continue then just restarts pc over and over from that message page.

donatello 20:24 02 Apr 2006

Cant even try the recovery console its a mesh pc and has an administrator password set on this option anyone know this password

SANTOS7 20:27 02 Apr 2006

Admin password is one that you would have set if you haven't leave it blank press enter and see what happens

donatello 20:36 02 Apr 2006

must be a password they set as i didnt leaving blank does nothing but thanks for trying must be same pasword on all thier pcs i would have thought

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?