XP Recovery Disc

blulightning747 15:50 19 May 2005

Hello,
A friend of mine is buying a laptop from tiny and they phoned him today saying he would need to buy a recovery pack. I was just wondering if a recovery disc can be made while on XP.

On a side note, i'm getting a new computer in the summer but it doesn't have an OS with it. I have the windows XP disc but it's SP1 is there anyway to create the an SP2 disc without having to install them all through windows update?

Thanks for any advice recieved,
G

BurrWalnut 16:03 19 May 2005

You can't make a recovery disk from the OS but if you purchase one you can make a Windows installation CD from it. I haven’t tried it but have a look click here

On your second point it is unlikely you will be able to load the XP CD if it has been used previously on a different computer.

Rayuk 19:31 19 May 2005

click here
To slipstream SP2

Completealias 20:01 19 May 2005

Your friend could use a program such as acronis true image this will make a complete image of the hard drive, and all the software it contains.

If this is done as soon as the pc is brought you can then use these images as your recovery cds as they will set the pc back to day one as if its just come out of the factory

blulightning747 21:57 19 May 2005

Thanks very much, that's a brilliant idea.

Completealias 13:10 20 May 2005

The copy of personal computer world that is in the shops at the mo (June issue) has a full copy of acronis on the cover disk and paragon rescue kit 4 all for the cover price of £3.25 bargin

Quite a saving and will do what you need it for

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?