XP PC SHUTDOWN

Giggsy252 17:52 25 Jul 2006

My XP machine wont shutodown, it does now and again but most of the time it just hangs on shutdown.

any solutions?

VoG II 17:53 25 Jul 2006
  Giggsy252 17:57 25 Jul 2006

thanks, already looked there, no luck, sometimes it shuts down and sometimes it dosent, this is when i aint changed any programmes to it.

Had technican come out to change MOBO and still no luck

Giggsy252 20:45 27 Jul 2006

called pc world again, now they says could be a PSU problem, do you guys this will recitify the problem? AS i disabled all startup items and still wont shut down, so this elmimantes the software compatiability issue right?

Giggsy252 19:05 01 Aug 2006

pc world change the PSU and after a few hours he left, the PC is still havin shutdown problems?

Has anyone got any solutions to this annoying problem, i disabled all the startup programs and still wont shutdown.

Please can anyone help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 01 Aug 2006

It will be a software program not closing properly.

click here
click here

Giggsy252 19:27 01 Aug 2006

even though i done system recovery and it didnt shutdown before?

Giggsy252 20:48 01 Aug 2006

anyone?

sorry i just did system recovery and still no luck, back to factory settings. They changed MOBO and PSU but still no luck, what could it be?

Giggsy252 12:57 02 Aug 2006

anyone please? i took the unit to pc world and they done system recovery and it was shutting down!! They claim its software however it shut down before with all software on it and yesterday it didnt shut down after system recovery. they are testing the PC in the store now, going to collect it later on.

Can anyone help? whats my legals rights on this. I have called their helpline 10 times, 3 call outs and still persistent intermitent issue.

Giggsy252 13:04 02 Aug 2006

could it be USB mouse and keybored issue? thats the only thing that is different from what i use and what they are testing in the store. They are using PS2 mice and keybored.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 02 Aug 2006

Could also be a driver problem, make sur you have the latest drivers for your equipment especially USB drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires