Xp and Outlook Express

bristolgirl 15:11 27 Nov 2003

since changing my pc, keeping my same e-mail address, some people (although not everbody) have been having e-mail they are sending to me, returned to them, without me ever recieving it.

Lozzy 16:12 27 Nov 2003

Have you checked you smtp address with OE>>Tools>>Accounts>>Properties>>Server

Do you get any error messages when send and receiving also do you have more than one email address and is all emails you have showing in Accounts??

Mr_Nice_Guy 17:04 27 Nov 2003

pop is to recieve isnt it? and smtp to send? i may be wrong.

AndyJ 17:08 27 Nov 2003

You say "some people" are not getting through. This suggests that others are...so your setting must be right. I would get them to check how they putting in your email address...sound's like they're getting it wrong e.g. using a comma instead of a full stop.

Yep, Mister Nice Guy....POP in....SMTP out

AndyJ 17:09 27 Nov 2003

Oh, incidentally...if you want to check if your own email is working OK..send one to yourself and see if you get it. Good, quick check.

Jester2K II 17:10 27 Nov 2003

It got to be a problem with the senders and not you. Are you on AOL - maybe they are being bounced by a Spam Filter?

What messages do they get in the bounced messages?

bristolgirl 18:44 27 Nov 2003

It is two differnet people who are having this problem sending me e-mails. I am not with AOL but one of the senders is. They have checked the address and this is ok. One of them sent me 2 e-mails last night and only one of them got through.

bristolgirl 16:33 30 Nov 2003

Anybody got any answers? Please!!

Jester2K II 08:39 01 Dec 2003

What messages do they get in the bounced messages?

bristolgirl 09:16 06 Dec 2003

Sorry

Got this one sorted now, I had to have the error meassages sent to me by slow mail and phoned up BT who sorted it out.

Thanks for your' help anyway

Jester2K II 09:19 06 Dec 2003

Good to hear its sorted..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?