XP OS serial numb lost!Any way to recover from CD?

dom dom 20:06 06 Oct 2007

I realize that the tag where the installing serial number for my XP home ed is gone..disappear. Now all I ve got is an XP home edition genuine copy whitout serial number. There is any way to recover this number from the CD. At the moment my loptop is not working and need the OS to come back to live. Any suggestion? thanks.
dom

DieSse 20:07 06 Oct 2007

No - the serial number is not on the CD.

DieSse 20:10 06 Oct 2007

But what's the problem with the laptop not working? - you may not need the serial number to effect a repair.

Clapton is God 20:19 06 Oct 2007

Install and run click here

It will tell you the serial number (and a lot else as well)

Clapton is God 20:19 06 Oct 2007

Install and run click here

It will tell you the serial number (and a lot else as well)

rdave13 20:41 06 Oct 2007

On the genuine Win XP disc there will be some serial numbers printed, some in reverse (mirror image) and some not; near the center of the disc. If your eyesight is anything like mine you'll need a magnifying glass to see them properly because of the hologram effect. If above advice fails then you can call Microsoft UK and tell them your problem and be ready with the codes they ask you from the disc.

DieSse 20:54 06 Oct 2007

Clapton is God - he/she is not going to be able to run anything - the laptop isn't working!!

DieSse 20:59 06 Oct 2007

rdave13 - "On the genuine Win XP disc there will be some serial numbers printed"

Not on either of the two I've got here - There are some batch numbers, but not a product key, or anything like one.

Technotiger 22:31 06 Oct 2007

The best way is to telephone Microsoft UK (Reading in Berkshire)

click here

rdave13 23:21 06 Oct 2007

Near the center of my XP oem disc there are serial numbers as described above. Also through the hologram the word 'genuin' can be found. I can see them but only using a magnifying glass. They are not a product key but prove the actual disc is a valid one.

dom dom 23:47 06 Oct 2007

thanks to all. the cd is genuine xp home ed but there no trace of serial number.
Well at this point I reckon install from CD from boot menu but there is another problem: while installing the OP the process stops because a file 2gmgsmt.sf2 is missing. This is a sound file from SB live value 5.1 Creative and is dificult to find. Already search truogh the web. Any solutions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Album Art 2017: Nominees & past winners of Best Art Vinyl Awards to be exhibited

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?