XP os need to extract key

AaNnDdYy 21:05 24 Mar 2006

i have a cd with xp on it and my mate used it to put on my wifes pc , but now i wish to put it on my pc instead of this poxy ME and i have seen it some where but i dont know where! apparentl its some sort of program you can run and it extracts the license key from the program some heow does anyone have any ideas please ,as im just about ready to in stall it as i have had so many problems with ME for the short time ive had it ,,

De Marcus™ 21:07 24 Mar 2006
  AaNnDdYy 21:11 24 Mar 2006

thanks marcus , cor its quiet here tonight ,are you all on holiday ! lol ,naa go on you lads need the break

VoG II 21:13 24 Mar 2006

You may have trouble activating XP - or maybe you will get away with it. Strictly, one CD for each machine.

De Marcus™ 21:15 24 Mar 2006

Yes, legally you need to remove the copy from your wife's PC.

AaNnDdYy 12:01 25 Mar 2006

cheers thankyou all ,,i cant insatll it for some rea son i have the key and cd and it goes through the motions and gets to the copying files bit and then comes up with the ,retry ,skip file ,or exit options because for some reason has trouble with copying files ,and taking xp off the other machine hasnt helped it still means it wont copy it so now i have no xp on anything any ideas ?

AaNnDdYy 12:03 25 Mar 2006

the xp cd is a good one origabal

daxian 15:31 25 Mar 2006

hi AaNnDdYy.....
you might need to try a lens cleaner.....and check the disk is not dirty or scratched..
otherwise just keep pressing retry till it gets through copying files...hope this helps.Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone