XP not starting correctly with Logitech Wireless

BernardG 16:26 04 Nov 2009

I have had a problem with the start up on Windows - going in to the black screen with the usual options.

The local computer shop claimed a faulty hard drive and replaced one of the 2 installed. The system worked OK for them but when I got it home, I experienced the same problems as before. I finally tracked it down to the Logitech Wireless device- they were only using PS2 connections and it works with them.Contacted Logitech tech advice & tried all their options until they replaced my existing MX3000 with a MX3200.

Still the same problem - although they claim nothing wrong with their hardware or software! On checking the System information / Components /Problem Devices - There was the following message:

Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard HID\VID_046D&PID_C517&MI_00\7&17F5BFD&0&0000 37 ( Error Code)

I have removed the Logitech SetPoint & downloaded an up to date version & installed that one but still the same problem. Looking at the the device manager, there id the following message - currently against both the keyboard & the the mouse (earlier it had been just against one of them).

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Your help in identifying the conflicts (IRQ's?) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017