xp not showing unallocated partition: need it!

adopted.son 16:28 11 Apr 2009

Greetings my oh-so-knowledgeable friends!
I've just acquired a rig w/ xp black installed.
I wish to install xp pro as well so i can access microsoft online and not get shut down.
In disk management, I'm not getting an "unallocated" section to click on to create a new partition for my xp pro install.
Have trial of paragon and also easeus but neither are accomplishing my needs. (easeus' error msg has a vista logo... will try to find an xp version.)
I defragged and quit windowblinds, rocketdock, etc. prior to attempting these changes.
Where shall I go to find life?

lotvic 17:20 11 Apr 2009

'XP Black' is a PIRATE distribution of XP with a lot of additional stuff also pirated.

It is not allowed on this forum to assist anyone using pirated software.

It is THEFT

You will not get any help on this forum until you purchase a legal copy of Operating System.

adopted.son 20:27 11 Apr 2009

I don't have a problem going legit. I already have a legit xp pro oem disc I want to install. How shall I do this if I kill the black os?

woodchip 20:37 11 Apr 2009

Why not add a Extra drive for it?

woodchip 20:38 11 Apr 2009

if you did it like the above XP would setup a Dual Boot so you could choose what to boot into

tullie 20:55 11 Apr 2009

Cant you just boot from cd?

adopted.son 21:20 11 Apr 2009

Woodchip:
Exactly what I was trying to do- dual boot.
Again, can't click unallocated section b/c there isn't one showing in disk management.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:58 11 Apr 2009

Boot from XP CD and in setup select delete all partitions refomat the drive and install your one and only legit version of XP.

cream. 22:39 11 Apr 2009

As per Fruit Bat /\0/\

This will get rid of you pirate copy and load a legit one. It will also give you the option to create partitions for free.

DieSse 23:54 11 Apr 2009

You say you haven't got an "unallocated" section on your drive.

There is no reason you should have - to have an unallocated section would be highly unusual.

What you need to do, as per above, is simply upgrade your pirate edition with the new legal edition, by doing a "repair install".

click here

adopted.son 00:16 12 Apr 2009

"There is no reason you should have - to have an unallocated section would be highly unusual."

Yeah, I discovered that xp, once it's in, doesn't allow partitioning and if I haven't any partitions already, I won't have any unallocated spots. I guess. Thanks for the link to repair my install/upgrade to kill my somalian edition.
I'd still like to master this disk management thing one day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?