XP internet security

WRS 13:23 05 Dec 2007

Following advice from this forum I have just downloaded Avast Virus Protection and Comodo Firewall. All is well but I also need anti- spyware and anti- sapam if possible. Any advice please?

MAJ 13:26 05 Dec 2007

SuperAntiSpyware
SpywareBlaster
Adaware

There are others as well, if you wish, but those three are pretty good.

birdface 14:03 05 Dec 2007

You could use the free E-Prompter for your mail.It takes about 16 different e-mail addresses,You just delete all the mail you dont want and the rest will open when you open your proper e-mail account.click here

birdface 14:14 05 Dec 2007

You could also try this.click here Its free and warns you if you go into any bad download sites.It just leaves an icon on your toolbar and just a matter of up-dating it about once a year.It turns red for the worst download site's.

wjrt 14:31 05 Dec 2007
  WRS 16:04 06 Dec 2007

Thanks wjrt & skidsy, gratefull for such full advice.,Have now got Avast, Comodo,Superantispy, Spybot S & D. Have just scanned with Spybot, found some 250 targets but it seems I need to register for full (Paid ) version before I can remove problems, is this correct?

birdface 11:02 10 Dec 2007

Hi.Spybot Search & Destroy is free.Are you sure you downloaded the proper program.

birdface 11:04 10 Dec 2007

Hi,Sorry that click here that I sent you was for McAfee Site Advisor.Well worth having if you do a lot of browsing.

WRS 15:01 10 Dec 2007

buteman. Have now got free Spybot S&D, homepage a bit confusing and I downloaded Spyware Bot by mistake. Thanks for help.

mfletch 15:58 10 Dec 2007

HI,

Spybot/ click here

mfletch

birdface 16:20 10 Dec 2007

Hi,I did notice that you never mentioned if you had downloaded SpywareBlaster or not.I would imagine that most folk on here would use it.Just download it and up-date it once a fortnight you don't run scans or anything like that with it.It just stops nasties from getting on to your computer in the first place.Glad that you got your Spybot sorted.Is there anything else that we can help you with,If not just tick the little square and press resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?