XP INSTALLED TWICE

djell 07:21 16 Nov 2009

Help please, due to a recent system crash I’ve reinstalled XP but seem to have done something wrong. When I boot up I get an option to select Windows XP ( which I’ve just installed and works OK ) or Windows XP version 2 ( which is the original installation which doesn’t work )

How can I delete / uninstall version 2

Thanks,

tullie 07:40 16 Nov 2009

Did you boot from the cd?

ambra4 08:06 16 Nov 2009

“How can I delete / uninstall version 2”

To delete the second XP you will have to format the hard drive by booting from the XP disc and

do a fresh install of XP

You can also do the following to stop the second Windows XP from showing when you start up

or reboot the computer

Right click – My Computer – Properties – Click Advanced Tab – Click “Setting” in the Start up

And Recovery Section select the Windows XP that is working and Un-tick “Time to Display

Operating System” computer will now start up in the correct OS with out the option

You can leave as is until you either upgrade the OS or reinstall XP

Andsome 08:08 16 Nov 2009

You must have selected Install from the options offered. If my memory of installing XP is correct, you should have selected set up. This informs you that all your data will be deleted, and then offers to install. I think I have remembered correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?