XP Installation won't load after Upgrade

digi man 14:00 15 Jul 2005

Hi,

Can anyone help with this one?

I have just upgraded a Presario 5441 to 20Gb and am unable to install XP onto it. I installed and formatted the HDD and it is set to cable select.

Each time I try it comes up with the error code:

IRQ not less or equal, XXX Stop: 0x0000000A0xFFBE000,0XOOOOOOO2,0X807D4AD4

I have also increased the ram by 256mb, I have 2 pc's running ATA hardware and am wondering if I could install the IDE disc onto one of these to install that way.

Thanks

Steve

mattyc_92 14:01 15 Jul 2005

Are you sure the motherboard can cope with the upgrades?

lotvic 15:17 15 Jul 2005

it is possible that it is the ram, try it in another slot, or take it out altogether, other than that it could be a mulitude of other things as on this hardware forum thread click here

woodchip 15:24 15 Jul 2005

Set the Drive to master if it's the only Hard Drive then go into BIOS set computer to boot from CD if it's not too old a computer. Start with XP disc in comp

T0SH 18:55 15 Jul 2005

IRQ errors of this sort are usually caused by device driver problems , first thing to do is remove any hardware devices not required to boot your PC , this can be done by removing sound ,modem ,network cards , disable any onboard ones from BIOS setup , this should allow XP setup to complete ,you can then replace them one at a time

I hope this helps

Cheers HC

digi man 14:43 16 Jul 2005

Thanks everyone for the input, I am currently working through all suggestions. The link from Lotvic is particularly useful. It appears to be a good site.

Tosh's suggestion is the one I am currently at, have removed the modem, but the Bios won't let me access the onboard ones. Although it does list the IRQ's number from 1 upwards, which does not give me any clues as to which one could be the IRQ C.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 16 Jul 2005

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?