xp installation

gippingman 10:17 25 Feb 2007

I have several xp machines. I have now installed xp (using the product key) on a further machine but as yet have not activated it as I am not sure if it has already been used/activated on another machine.

if I try to activate it and it indicates previous activation, will it

a) say "this is already in use/been activated" - giving me no other option but to uninstall (preferable) or

b) if it says already activated, will it give me the option of which machine to continue using it on, or just abort further activation, or will it try to disable any original installation (if applicable) - I don't want that to happen!

I need to know as I want to use it if possible but also do not want to do anything I shouldn't! However, I would not want to disable any original installation (if applicable) - if it has already been activated and cannot be used any further, then I will need to think again on the new machine installation

why don't you try phoning microsoft and explain the situation they may suggest an answer i've never tried to activate twice so no idea

POP 10:42 25 Feb 2007

dont know if this will help but when I built the comp. that I am on now five years ago, I kept installing all the latest free add ons from various magazines and managed to mess up the system 21 times in about six months. I must of reactivated XP at least ten times over the internet without any trouble. Pop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?