XP Home SP2 shutdown problem

Killo Bite 23:57 15 Feb 2007

carrying on from my closed post; WinXP Home SP2 on BBand with Thompson SpeedTouch USB 330 modem since installing F-Secure Internet Security 2007 OEM has developed a problem shuting down WinXP.

I didn't think F-Secure had anything to do with it till my brother who i also got F-Secure 07 for started with the same identical problem after installing F-Secure.

Has anyone heard for F-Secure causing this problem or am I paranoid and it something else the only two things we have in common are WinXP Home and Wanadoo/Orange BBand with SpeedTouch & F-Seucre 2007 Internet Security OEM.

woodchip 00:00 16 Feb 2007

You can disable it to try it

Killo Bite 00:24 16 Feb 2007

when I disable it should I put on the Windows Firewall straight away ?

Killo Bite 00:59 17 Feb 2007

this wouldn't proove anything as the programme is still acutally installed, another new installation was Adobe Reader v8 which went on at the same time so now that 2 ideas.

woodchip 13:44 17 Feb 2007

If I was you, Remove Acrobat, Install this it's much better and faster. Plus takes up a fraction of the disc space thar Acrobat uses. Foxit Reader click here download button in the Whats New box

Killo Bite 22:34 17 Feb 2007

Have you known Adobe Acrobat Reader v8 to cause this.

Just been looking at click here and it says its a known issue in XP and a patch was released in SP1a thing is all patches are bang upto date click here

so I am none the wiser.

woodchip 22:49 17 Feb 2007

No it's just that I found Foxit, as I was having Probs with Acrobat and did a search for a PDF reader in google

Killo Bite 01:30 18 Feb 2007

will try it but I now have to see if it will cure my problem. I just asumed Adobe v8 Rdr was the cause but not 100% convinced yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone