XP Home edition installation issues.

Ricon 05:28 02 Feb 2006

Good Morning,

Thank you for allowing me to join your organization. I come to you from West Texas, in the United States. Am I to understand that you are in Great Britian? You are blessed with a wonderful country. I would like to visit someday. Well for my first post, it involves those 2 yellow installation discs that came with my Gateway machine. Both are in excellent condition. For some reason the one labeled disc 1 of 2 refused to load. Any ideas? Also, can anybody tell how to remove winfixer 2006 from my son's laptop? It is annoying. Well, thank you again for support. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Rick

AndySD 06:08 02 Feb 2006

winfixer

You will need to make a copy of these instructions because you have to disconnect from the internet to complete the fix. Either print them out or copy and paste them into Notepad.

Preparation

1) Download VundoFix.exe from click here and save it to your Desktop.

2) Log off from the internet and disconnect your modem cable.

Removal

1) Double click VundoFix.exe to run it.

a) Click the Scan for Vundo button.

b) When it has finished scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.

c) You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES

d) Once you have done so, your Desktop will go blank as VundoFix starts removing the infection.

e) When completed, you will be warned that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.

PaulB2005 07:21 02 Feb 2006

As for the CDs try a CD cleaner device, like Disc Doctor. One that removes sratches etc

Ricon 14:33 02 Feb 2006

Hello again,

The yellow applications cds have always been kept in there storage sleevs. They are almost new. Not a single scratch. Are there any other openning options?

Thanks,

Rick

PaulB2005 14:35 02 Feb 2006

So what does/ doesn't happen when you go to use them?

Ricon 01:48 04 Feb 2006

Hello again,

I hope I'm in the correct place for this question. Well Paul, all this started when my system crashed about 2 weeks ago. By the way yellow disc marked disc 2 of 2 was loaded successfully, its disc 1 that refuses to load. I get the message, "runmenu.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close", or some error message that had to do with "Delphi" or something along those lines. Getting back to winfixer, I followed the instructions exactly as you instructed. After downloading click to run the program. However almost instantly, a box the said run tool or donate. I was baffled. I clicked the run tool option, and it quickly gave me tha message, "Clone complete" please reboot. Well winfixer is still there. Also, is anyone familiar with Dantz Retrospect back up system? Again, thank you for your support.

Thanks,

Rick

rdave13 02:27 04 Feb 2006

Ricon have a look here.. click here ,see if that helps with winfixer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?