Xp failing to re-boot (Activex errors?!)

jsidd 21:40 23 Apr 2003

Been having loads probs with ome vers of Xp pro
regularly failing to come up on power up & will not re-boot, forcing re-installation. Have found
that every time access non-MS product (whether AOL or game) then 15 Winregistry Activex Sub-key errors are produced with same reg address each time. Have to run Nortons to fix as I think that if they accumulate it causes corruptions in Winreg
producing a no show for windows?! First time happened there was just XP and one game on, now have no games but has failed with just AOL.
Am bit of a thicket so if anyone can help?!

Philip2 09:19 24 Apr 2003

If you are running AOL you will always get fifteen Active X errors it is caused by the way AOL loads you click on ignor on the fifteen errors on repair they will no longer show up as errors.
You should take a look in the event log that could show up the problem in more detail.
I use scandisk on XP i do not like Norton to use scandisk in XP go to my computer and right click on the hard drive disable any anti virus software.

jsidd 11:46 29 Apr 2003

ta. I have been busy and now think it is the Sound card that is giving me all this grief.That will teach me to build my own!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?