XP factory reset

nilefish 06:42 29 Jun 2010

Hi every one

I'm trying to restore my pc(6 years old) to factory reset , I have tried the system restore but it did not work, I have seen many very cheap software on the internet but I'm not sure if they will work please advice.

Thanks

julius44 06:55 29 Jun 2010

Hi there what make is your PC? If u have a dell pc its normally CTRL+f11 IMMEDIATELY your pc turns on.......or press F10 as your pc is loading up.....see here....click here
hope this helps.

ronalddonald 10:26 29 Jun 2010

Sometimes it might be an f6 key or f7 or Esc-escape key try all of them at the top.

Insert your disc and restart and try all the F keys to get the computer to run by the disc drive.

Do you also need a driver disk for your computer make sure you have after you get the xp running new again, make sure you look at the screen as son as you see boot from cd or press any key to continue press it.

Im using Linux mint 9 instead of xp which pretty cheap, fast,you can get it from the Linux shop.

Pine Man 16:39 29 Jun 2010

'Im using Linux mint 9 instead of xp which pretty cheap,'

Cheap - it's free!!

Surely you didn't pay for it?

woodchip 19:29 29 Jun 2010

You should have recovery CD's for to run it from, boot with the Restore CD

nilefish 19:53 29 Jun 2010

Thanks alot I will try ur advices and let you know. To ronalddonald

I know Linux is free BUT I have absloutly no idea about it

ronalddonald 21:05 29 Jun 2010

Pineman i down loaded it, and burnt it onto disc. by reading the instructions from the PDF file

ronalddonald 21:06 29 Jun 2010

You can buy it for about £3.99 from the Linux shop

Strawballs 01:51 30 Jun 2010

Some of them tag it on the bottom of the F8 list as asked what make and model please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache