XP Digital Camera Driver.

Scallywag 15:05 22 Aug 2003

Does any one know where i can get a driver for a Sampo DCE-211 digital camera that will work with Windows XP?

jazzypop 15:15 22 Aug 2003

click here might help, although they do not state which version of Windows the driver is for.

It does not look good, though - see click here

Jester2K II 15:19 22 Aug 2003

Sampo site also doesn't state what the driver supports but does seem a bit old..

DieSse 15:33 22 Aug 2003

Most USB digital cameras will work right away with Windows XP - my Minolta did.

When you plug it in, you should get the finding/installing new USB device messges. Then if all goes well, the camera appears as another disk drive in explorer. you can then access it jsut like any disk drive.

Both my camera and USB multi-card reader did this - not other software needed or used.

Scallywag 16:45 22 Aug 2003

Thanks people,
I tried the sugestion from jazzypop but XP does not pick it up ?
DieSse, this camera is not USB, but thanks anyway.
I will keep an eye out for any more info.
Thank again.

jazzypop 17:51 22 Aug 2003

What happens when you plug it in?

Is it detected as an additional hard drive, as Diesse said?

jazzypop 17:15 23 Aug 2003

Received by email -

"Hi Jazzypop,
If i right click Start - Explore, it is there in the left hand column. When i try to open it,it shows it on the address bar, but with no icon of it on the screen. When i click properties or get picture, it say's they are not available.

When i go to control panel it shows it as an icon in the scanners and cameras page, it also shows it as a drive in my computor window. But,it does not show it when i go to add/remove programs window? Strange to say the least. Thanks for helping me."

As a general point, it is more helpful to you if you reply using the message box at the bottom of the screen, rather than by using the email envelope icon. That way, everyone can see the progress of the thread, and contribute as they see fit.

If you take a couple of shots, connect the camera to the PC, and then open Windows Explorer, you should see the camera listed as an additional hard drive.

If you expand the contents of the drive, you should see you shots listed, usually as jpegs.

Select them,and copy them to a folder on your hard drive. Then, double-click them (from your HDD) to open/view/edit them. Does that work?

Scallywag 11:26 25 Aug 2003

Hi Jazzypop,
I tried to do that but when i do the box with-Expand-Explore-Open-get pictures-Rename and Properties comes up, all the other options except Expand are in a darker font than Expand. When i click on Expand nothing happens?
Any ideas.
Thank's again.

-pops- 11:33 25 Aug 2003

Is your XP up to date with SP1 and other updates installed?

The reason I ask is that a friend was having problems with a Fuji camera not being recognised on his machine but it was OK on mine. The main difference between the two machines was that mine was up to date, his was the same as when he bought it (before the days of SP1) and he'd never installed any updates.

mobileman1953 12:39 25 Aug 2003

try click here found xp driver for my digital camera here

mobileman1953 12:41 25 Aug 2003

should be click here sorry for above link not working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?