XP continuous re-booting

[email protected] 16:37 18 Oct 2004

when Error Check is selected. I have searched the forum data base but my problem doesnt appear to have been covered before although coninuouse re-booting has. My PC goes into continuous re-booting after I have selected a complete error check [recover bad sectors etc]. It gets as far as the blue screen "a file check has been scheduled" etc, then immediately reboots. It has done this in the past but not for a long time, but now here we are again. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

[email protected] 10:13 19 Oct 2004

It seems to have sorted itself! The problem was this: If I selected both the options under Error Checking, XP would go into continuous re-boot after showing the blue "error check has been scheduled" etc page. I then tried selecting option [2] Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors - the progress bar travelled left to right a couple of times then I received an error message to say Windows was unable to complete the task!. I then tried option [1] Automatically fix file system errors and this went as normal. I then tried selecting both the options and everything went as it should have ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)