XP Clipboard & Wordpad v Win 98 Clipboard/Wordpad

wimpole 22:19 02 Jun 2003

I regularly produce a spreadsheet from a particular website table which carries data I need by using copy & paste. Copying from the website to Wordpad, and from Wordpad to Lotus 123 allowed me to slot the data correctly into Lotus columns & cells in preparation to transferring data to my database.

This all worked fine on my Pentium 166 machine running Windows 98, for many years.

When I recently installed a new machine running XP and tried to use the same process I found XP's clipboard refused to paste to Wordpad unless I first saved a .clp file in Win3.1 format .

Furthermore, whilst this seemed the only method of pasting to XP's Wordpad, I found that copying to Lotus 123 now puts the whole contents of the table into one column. The only way of capturing the data properly is to return to my old machine and use its Windows 98 clipboard.

This is not progress - how do I get XP's Clipboard & Wordpad to behave like the same features in Windows 98?
Help much appreciated.

jazzypop 22:24 02 Jun 2003

I find it puzzling that you cannot paste from a web page into Wordpad.

Do you have some sort of firewall / security / privacy program running?

VoG™ 22:27 02 Jun 2003

Well this won't help your immediate problem but it seems to me that you are doing this in a very roundabout way.

Microsoft's spreadsheet - Excel - has a free add-in that will directly import stock quotes directly from the web. Doesn't Lotus have this facility?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?