XP Classic display anomoly...

wotbus@ 09:46 22 Nov 2007

Easy one today ;-)
If I Start > Settings > Control Panel, the next menu is not in alphabetical order! Just wondered why this should be.
It's possible to re-arrange the Programs menu via Start Menu properties - is it possible to re-arrange the Control Panel menu somewhere?
If I open Control Panel via My Computer, all the folders there are arranged alphabetically ?

johnnyrocker 09:55 22 Nov 2007

might you be able to right click as in programs and alter by name?

johnny

moore_mat 09:57 22 Nov 2007

Hi wotbus@

My suggestion would be to right click on an item within the menu while it is open and you should have the option to "Sort by Name". That's certainly the case for the start menu (try right clicking on an item within your "All Programs" menu); but I can't be 100% sure for control panel as I don't have that option on.

Best regards

m@

wotbus@ 08:51 26 Nov 2007

Thanks moore_mat, that did it. TVM.
I didn't get that far when trying as when I moved from the Control Panel to the Control Panel menu, moving the cursor up/down just highlighted a particular application and (wrongly) assumed whatever I did then would apply to that particular application.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?