XP Boots and goes to D Drive

Dendmar 18:36 13 Oct 2007

Here's one for all you experts out there. When XP Home Boots up the Desktop appears as normal and a few seconds later it opens up D Drive in explorer. How can I stop this happening and remain on Desktop? I haven't got a clue how it happened - it just did. Thanks all in anticipation.

Dendmar 19:54 13 Oct 2007

I'm still stuck; any ideas?

Jake_027 21:22 13 Oct 2007

have you checked to see if there is a shortcut to D: is start>all programs>startup? If there is delete it, this should stop it.

woodchip 21:27 13 Oct 2007

Find Explore.exe by doing a search then right click on it then click Properties. It should be set to Target C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,C:\

woodchip 21:34 13 Oct 2007

You could also Check by typing in the Run Box MSCONFIG then look for Exeplorer.exe Under the Setup Tab remove the tick

Dendmar 22:11 13 Oct 2007

Thanks for the replies but I've tried what you suggest and it has no effect. Just to make it clear, it boots up fine to desktop and then, on its own it opens up the D Drive partition as if I'd gone to My Computer and selected D Drive. I am at a total loss. Your help appreciated.

Dendmar 04:29 14 Oct 2007

Still trying to sort this one out - I've totally run out of ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?