XP automatic updates problem

fullywired23 20:36 09 Jun 2003

I have XP service pack 1 installed and that gives no problems,however when I install the automatic updates, I then find I cannot connect to outlook express.Bt have sent me some "fixes "for the problem but they don't work.I have tried the "make a new account" method to no avail.The only thing that works is a System Restore to the time before the updates,then every thing is OK .
Has anyone any ideas ,besides the obvious (dont install any more updates)
Regards viejo

fullywired23 18:51 10 Jun 2003

refresh

Rayuk 19:22 10 Jun 2003

What do you mean exactly
"when I instal the automatic updates"

Happy1 21:22 10 Jun 2003

I am with BT and I installed 2 updates on 29th May and lost my internet connection. I had to use the 50p minute bt helpline to get re-connected. It is one of the patches which is being patched by Microsoft but dont know which one. It has been on the vnunet news site. It didnt say which update caused the problem. I have had no problems since being re setup. (she says with fingers crossed) May or not be your prob.

fullywired23 22:37 10 Jun 2003

Thank you both for the replies,It loks like I will have to live without the updates.

Rayuk
when I,m on line the updates download automatically and when they complete a message appears on the taskbar saying they are ready to install and it's when I install them the trouble starts,but as I have already said I will have to live without them

Regards to you both
viejo

Rayuk 17:23 11 Jun 2003

If thats the case disable it in services,and it wont waste its time looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache