XP Antivirus 2008 Can someone help rid me of it?

bugatti13 17:11 06 Feb 2008

I've tried uninstall HA! (forget it) I've looked in Add/Remove Programs (not listed!), I've started various online recommended cures, BUT so full of "This may destroy your PC, this could delete...." this and that, if your not a computer expert don't attempt...!!! I've been onto McAffee online help and was sent How to Get Rid of XP Antivirus Protection and an address to log onto to sort it out, but instructions so complex I dare not start as the first file I was directed to couldn't be found. I do get told that the safest way to get the vile intruder out of my PC is to pay, I can barely afford to! I'm really very good at following instructions, very careful & this is the first time I've backed off in terror.
It's not until you're infected that you realise just what a sad, inadequate will do to advertise their personal problems to the world.
Please help a damsel in mega distress, if anyone out there can it'll be the PCAdvisor knights! I'm in need of the XP Antisaddovirus.

The Kestrel 17:18 06 Feb 2008

Go to this web site click here where you will find people with the expertise to remove the malware safely.

MAT ALAN 17:20 06 Feb 2008

the uninstaller is supposed to be under "show updates"

but i think you will need to do more than that, the link may help...
click here

Demora 17:21 06 Feb 2008

Is this something you have downloaded or was it installed when you got the pc?

What operating system are you running?

D.

MAT ALAN 17:23 06 Feb 2008

click here
this may also help,seems to be an auto fix here as well...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 06 Feb 2008

How to stop XP Antivirus Protection processes:

1. Pres Ctrl + Alt +Del to launch Windows Task Manager. Click on the processes tab.
2. Click “Image Name” to search and find XP Antivirus Protection processes by name.
3. Once you’ve found the XP Antivirus Protection process, click “End Process” to kill the XP Antivirus Protection process.
4. Use Explorer remove XP Antivirus Protection process files from your system. (% is the leter of your hard drive containing windows {C}) %program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirusupdate.exe
xpantivirus.exe
download.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\ntoskrnl.exe
install_xp.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\ntoskrnl.exe.md5
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\explorer.exe.md5
%program_files%\xpantivirus\unins000.exe
xpantivirusupdate.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\explorer.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\unins000.exe
install_xp.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirusupdate.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\ntoskrnl.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\explorer.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirus.exe
%program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirus.exe

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:43 06 Feb 2008

How to remove XP Antivirus Protection DLL files:

1. First you’ll locate XP Antivirus Protection DLL files you want to delete. Open your Windows Start menu, then click “Run.” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.”
2. To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press your “Space” key, and enter the full directory where the XP Antivirus Protection DLL file is located.
(eg C:\program_files\xpantivirus\sysbackup)
If you’re not sure if the XP Antivirus Protection DLL file is located in a particular directory, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, enter “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
3. When you’ve located the XP Antivirus Protection DLL file you want to remove, type “regsvr32 /u SampleDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u wininet.dll”) and press your “Enter” key.

%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\wininet.dll
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\shlwapi.dll.md5
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\shlwapi.dll
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\wininet.dll.md5
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\wininet.dll
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup\shlwapi.dll

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 06 Feb 2008

1. Start - Run - type regedit press OK
2. Backup the registry by File - export - save the file to a folder in My documents.
3. The left side Registry Editor’s window lets you select registry keys, the right side displays the values of the registry key you select.
4. To find a key,select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of XP Antivirus Protection’s registry keys.
5.You can delete the XP Antivirus Protection registry key by right-clicking it and selecting “Modify,” then clicking “Delete.”

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run xp antivirus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options lastscan
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options afterregisterurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options autoscanonstartup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\firstrun
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options helpurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options labelurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options minimizetotray
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options offsiteurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options programversion
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options startwithwindows
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options totalscans
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options transactionkey
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter displayname
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter errorcontrol
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options firstrunminimize
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 inno setup: user
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 installdate
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 installlocation
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\menuorder\start menu\programs\xp antivirus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options autoupdate
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options billingurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options enableantirootkit

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 06 Feb 2008

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 urlupdateinfo
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 displayname
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 helplink
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 inno setup: app path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 inno setup: icon group
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 inno setup: setup version
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options firstrunurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options billingurlapproved
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\shellnoroam\muicache c:\program files\xpantivirus\xpantivirus.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 publisher
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options updateurl
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter imagepath
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter type
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\enum
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\enum count
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 nomodify
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options aff
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options registerurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options startminimized
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\enum initstartfailed
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options enablesysbackup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options checkhidden
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options enableadvanced
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 norepair
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\options versionurl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xp antivirus\register
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\browser helper objects\{9a19966f-ae0e-4699-8cce-9b6f5f1c352c}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 quietuninstallstring
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 uninstallstring
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\xp antivirus_is1 urlinfoabout
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\enum nextinstance
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\security
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\xpantivirusfilter\security security

If your PC acts funny after you have deleted XP Antivirus Protection registry keys, restore your registry with your backup.
regedit -file - import

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:55 06 Feb 2008

Use Explorer to remove XP Antivirus Protection files:
%program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirus.url
%program_files%\xpantivirus\xpantivirus_log.txt
%program_files%\xpantivirus\unins000.dat
xpantivirus.lnk
xpantivirus.url
%program_files%\xpantivirus\backup.lst
%program_files%\xpantivirus\helper.sys
%program_files%\xpantivirus\pn.cfg
%program_files%\xpantivirus\ver.dat
%program_files%\xpantivirus\whitelist.cfg
%program_files%\xpantivirus\spyware.dat
%common_programs%\xp antivirus\uninstall xpantivirus.lnk
%common_programs%\xp antivirus\xpantivirus on the web.lnk
%common_programs%\xp antivirus\xpantivirus.lnk
%desktopdirectory%\xpantivirus.lnk
%profile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\xpantivirus.lnk

Delete XP Antivirus Protection directories:
%program_files%\xpantivirus
%program_files%\xpantivirus\sysbackup
%common_programs%\xp antivirus
%program_files%\xpantivirus\quarantine

mfletch 18:11 06 Feb 2008

Hi,

RogueRemover should remove it,

XPAntivirus is in it;s listings for removal,

Download RR and scan your computer in safe mode,

click here

If that does not work use Dr Web Curit

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?